Monday 2 October 2017

Audience Profile (Continued)

From the surveys I have published, I have gathered enough responses to create a psychographic profile of my target audience. Psychographics divides a market into groups based on social class, lifestyle, and personality characteristics. The concept is based on the assumption that types of products and brands will reflect that persons characteristics and patterns of living.
What I have gathered from my surveys in terms of psychographics,is that my target audience fits into the 'aspirers' or 'mainstreamers' categories. This is because the majority of them see themselves as middle class, which shows they have a fairly high level of education, and have well paying jobs (for their age).



They also value things such as designer clothing, and can appreciate which types of brands they would associate with rappers. This shows a materialistic nature in my target audience. To support this materialistic nature, they also said that they like to spend their disposable income on things like clothing and technology, as well as their hobbies. This also shows that they are self-conscious and want to look good for others, and tend to prefer quality over economy.

These people also share similar morals, as they said that they believe women should be objectified in rap/ R&B music videos. This reveals a slightly misogynistic attitude in my target audience, because they share this belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment