Tuesday 5 December 2017

Costume Research for 'Miguel'

In order to find a suitable costume for my actors to wear in the music video, I have used a website called 'Looklive' to find outfits which Miguel has worn in the past. These have given me some inspiration to find a suitable and affordable outfit for my actors to wear in the video. Miguel often wears designer clothing such as Yves Saint Laurent or Greg Lauren, which are both expensive luxury brands that you might expect a successful artist to wear. As I am not in a financial situation where I could afford these clothing items, I will be using cheaper alternatives which can imitate the style of YSL or Greg Lauren. Miguel appears to be a big fan of Vans shoes, so I will have my actor wear a pair of Vans shoes in the video, to create an intertextual link between my music video and Miguel as a person. He also appears to wear washed/distressed denim on many occasions, so I may have my actors wear similar denim in the music video.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment