Thursday 28 September 2017

Audience Profile

In order to build a psychographic profile of my potential target audience, I wrote and sent out two questionnaires to gather information. These are the results I have gathered from it.


The survey showed that the large majority of my audience are middle class, meaning that on the NRS social demographic scale, they are well educated, and have reasonably well paying jobs.



 The survey also showed that all participants were males between the age of 16-20, the one outlier being one older male (35+).
































The survey also showed what they expect to see women represented as in an R&B/ Rap video. They share the opinion that women should be objectified and essentially used as props in the video, to make it look better. This tells me that they are somewhat misogynistic in their opinion towards women in rap music video.







The young men who answered my survey all listen to rap and R&B on a regular basis, which helps me to solidify my choice in creating an R&B/ Rap video, as I have a guaranteed demographic and viewer base for my video. The fact that the majority of the participants listen to rap on a regular basis suggests that this is a mainstream taste, and they are following a trend of listening to this popular genre. In terms of psychographics, this group of people are 'mainstreamers'. These types of people tend to be materialistic, which is also reflected in the results of my survey. As shown here, they tend to spend their disposable income on clothing, technology and hobbies.

No comments:

Post a Comment